LANDSCAPE DESIGNER, FULL TIME, KENT, UK – 1st February
The studio is currently looking to recruit a Landscape Designer to work on a range of projects.
We are a highly regarded, award winning landscape design practice with a strong portfolio of on-going projects. Based at our studio in the countryside near Sissinghurst we focus on the South East but work countrywide with occasional projects abroad. Our expanding portfolio means that we are currently looking for a creative and focused person to join our talented team of designers and plants people.
- Work with the team to develop concepts, developed and technical design drawings and proposals, planting plans, schedules and details.
- Using multiple platforms, including hand drawing, Vectorworks 3D, SketchUp, Photoshop and other visualisation to create master plans, visuals and construction drawings.
- Maintain clear and effective communication between contractors, consultants and team members.
- Undertake historic and design development/research.
- Some general office duties and liaising with suppliers and other project teams.
- Construction documentation, project coordination and contract administration for multiple projects.
- Diploma in Landscape Architecture or good degree in Garden Design, or equivalent professional experience working in a landscape design office and/or on primarily landscape design projects
- excellent communication and coordination skills, including the ability to sketch/develop designs on paper as well as digitally
- experience of working directly with clients and other consultants
- ability to work effectively and manage project teams
- good plant knowledge and a passion for planting design
- strong aptitude for CAD programmes – preferable knowledge of Vectorworks, Sketchup, Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- team player with excellent people skills
Salary: competitive, dependent on level of experience.
If you are interested in the position, please send a sample portfolio, CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org