The site of the third house of Carmelite Friars to be established in England in 1242 by Sir Thomas Aucher, this Priory became a Manor House in the 15th Century. It has an 18th Century facade and wonderful walled gardens and moat.
Following careful updating by Anthony Swaine Architects, we have developed the gardens, front access, entrance sequence and courtyards to provide plentiful planting and gracious spaces for visitors’ parking, walking and enjoying the views. The walled garden was replanted and levels changed to provide a sense of comfortable enclosure and abundance. New gates, arbours and fountains were designed to complement the beautiful historic spaces.